2016 Manufacturing Leadership Award Winners Announced
Merck, DOW, GE, General Motors, Cisco and others to be honored at the Manufacturing Leadership Summit
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – February 24, 2016 — Frost & Sullivan’s Manufacturing Leadership (ML) Council recognized world-class manufacturing companies and individual leaders today as winners of the 2016 Manufacturing Leadership Awards. ML Award winners and their technology partners will be honored on June 8, 2016, at a gala celebration that concludes the twelfth annual Manufacturing Leadership Summit in Carlsbad, Calif. In addition, the ML High Achiever Awards, ML Manufacturers of the Year and the Manufacturing Leader of the Year will be announced at the gala.
Now in its twelfth year, the ML Awards honor organizations and individuals that are shaping the future of global manufacturing. Nominations are entered into 13 categories, evaluated and scored by a panel of expert judges. Twelve of the ML Awards categories are for outstanding projects by a manufacturing company. One category recognizes the achievements of individual manufacturing leaders.
The 73 organizations on the list of ML Award winners include small and large enterprises representing a wide range of manufacturing markets. They all leverage best-in-class processes, technologies and engaged teams to distinguish themselves from the competition. Among the winners were The Dow Chemical Company for Big Data and Analytics Leadership, GE Global Research for Internet of Things in Manufacturing Leadership, and The Boeing Company for Mobility in Manufacturing Leadership.
“Winners of the 2016 ML Awards have proven that they are at the forefront of a global, technology-driven transformation that we call Manufacturing 4.0,” said Global Vice President and Editorial Director of the Manufacturing Leadership Council David R. Brousell. “By relentlessly improving and digitizing every corner of their operations, these outstanding leaders are not only delivering greater value to customers, they are redefining excellence in the manufacturing industry. We congratulate them.”
The ML Summit is a unique, interactive gathering of manufacturing leaders from around the world. The theme for the 2016 Summit is “Manufacturing 4.0: The New Rules of Leadership.” Featured speakers include Ray Kilmer, executive vice president and chief technology officer, Alcoa; Dr. Detlef Zulhke, executive director, Smart FactoryKL Technology Initiative and scientific director of innovative factory systems, German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence; Dorian Ferlauto, founder and CEO, Britehub; Jim Fowler, chief information officer, General Electric, and Carey Smith, chief executive officer, Big Ass Solutions.
Expert judges for the 2016 ML Awards were:
Billy B. Bardin, Global Operations Technology Director, The Dow Chemical Company
Dean L. Bartles, Executive Director, Digital Manufacturing & Design Innovation Institute at UI LABS
Jill Bellak, President and Chief Operating Officer, MBX Systems
David R. Brousell, Global Vice President, Research, and Editorial Director, Manufacturing Leadership Council
Ron Castro, Vice President, Operations and Supply Chain Execution, IBM
John Gagel, Corporate Manager, Sustainability, Lexmark International
John Gercak, Vice President IT, Industrial Sector, Manufacturing Center of Excellence, Eaton Corp.
Brad Heath, CEO, VirTex Enterprises
Dennis Hoeg, Vice President, Global Engineering, Manufacturing and Sourcing, Nexteer Automotive
Morris Lenczicki, Vice President, L’Oreal
Michael Maher, Program Manager, Defense Sciences Office, DARPA
Joseph Parambo, Director, Product Programs, Test, and Development Services, General Motors
Allan Rae, Executive Director, American Axle and Manufacturing
Val Zanchuk, President, Graphicast Inc.
The ML Council is pleased to announce the winners of the 2016 ML Awards.
Big Data & Advanced Analytics Leadership
- Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (Test Data Monitor (TDM) System for Preemptive Data Trending)
- IBM (Transparent Supply Chain (TSC))
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- The Dow Chemical Company (Operations Analytics with Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence)
- VirTex Enterprises LP
Customer Value Leadership
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (Lifecycle Advantage)
- Diebold, Inc.
- Lexmark International, Inc. (Customer Setup Transformation)
- Proto Labs
- The Dow Chemical Company (Pack Studios)
Engineering & Production Technology Leadership
- Belden Universal
- CPI Aerostructures, Inc
- Kenworth Truck Company
- Kostal of America, Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (Laser Ablation of F-35 Structure for Nutplate Adhesive Bonding Initiative)
- Saudi Aramco (Novel Separator Inlet Device Project)
- Saudi Aramco (Optimal Operation of a Network of Gas Oil Separation Plants Initiative)
- Western States Envelope & Label Company
Enterprise Technology Leadership
- Blue Microphones
- Daimler Trucks North America
- Lexmark International, Inc. (Enterprise Social Networking – Connecting Employees and Knowledge Project)
- Owens Corning
- Parker Hannifin Corporation
- Power Solutions International
- Vertex Precision Manufacturing
Innovation Process Leadership
- Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (Topology Optimization Initiative)
- IBM (Single Chip Module (SCM) Optimization Analytic Application)
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (Automated Drilling and Fastening Systems Integration Using Reverse Engineering)
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (Next Generation Advanced Metrology and Measurement Systems)
Internet of Things in Manufacturing Leadership
- AGCO Corp.
- GE Global Research
- PACCAR Engine Company
- Senet, Inc.
Mobility in Manufacturing Leadership
- CommScope, Inc.
- IBM (Mobility in Manufacturing at IBM Manufacturing Solutions)
- Merck (Mobility in Clean Room Manufacturing)
- The Boeing Company
- Tyson Foods
New Product Leadership
- Daikin Applied Americas, Inc
- Hernon Manufacturing, Inc.
- The Dow Chemical Company (Dow AgroSciences Arylex ™ Herbicide)
- World Water Works, Inc.
Next Generation Leadership
- Eastern Iowa Community Colleges Blong Technology Center
- General Motors Company
Operational Excellence Leadership
- Ball Aerospace and Technologies Corp.
- Firstronic LLC
- Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (Trainer Manufacturing Transformation Project)
- Peterbilt Motors Company (Truck Assembly Process Efficiency Project)
- Peterbilt Motors Company (Test Flow Improvement Project)
- Rockwell Automation
Supply Chain Leadership
- Avnet, Inc.
- Cisco Systems
- Merck (Supply Chain Planning Initiative)
- Rochester Gauges, Inc.
- Sandvik Mining and Construction
- VirTex Enterprises/MTI Electronics
- Bridge Publications, Inc.
- Elster Gas Metering Americas
- Lexmark International, Inc. ( TonerPave Project)
- Monadnock Paper Mills, Inc.
- Saudi Aramco (Berri Gas Plant Energy Conservation Initiative)
Visionary Leadership (Individual Achievement)
- Carey Smith, Big Ass Solutions
- David J Paetsch, Multifilm Packaging Corp.
- Dean L. Bartles, UI Labs
- Don Taylor, The Dow Chemical Company
- Jeff Smink, Carolina Color
- John Shorter, GE Power Systems
- Joseph Bione, Whitehall Group LLC
- Joseph Plunkett, Herbalife International
- Michelle Lowrimore, LAI International
- Timothy J. Scott, The Dow Chemical Company
- Smartware Group
- Lucid Way E-Learning Group
- Siemens PLM
- Demand Management
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Rockwell Automation
The Manufacturing Leadership Community, part of Frost & Sullivan, offers an integrated portfolio of leadership networking, information and professional development products, programs, and services for industrial executives worldwide. MLC’s mission is to help senior executives define and shape a better future for themselves, their organizations and the industry at large. MLC’s portfolio consists of the Manufacturing Leadership Community website, an online global business network; the Manufacturing Leadership Council, an invitation-only executive organization; the annual Manufacturing Leadership Summit conference; the Manufacturing Leadership Awards program; and the Manufacturing Leadership Journal. For more information, visit us at: http://www.gilcommunity.com.
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our “Growth Partnership” supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation, including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?