Dow Chemical and GE CEO Among Top Winners at Manufacturing Leadership Awards Celebration
Carlsbad, Calif. - June 5, 2015 - The 11th annual Manufacturing Leadership (ML) Awards ceremony, produced by the Manufacturing Leadership Community, part of Frost & Sullivan, standout companies and individuals received top honors for their breakthrough achievements.
The program's distinguished panel of expert judges selected General Electric Chairman and CEO Jeffrey R Immelt as the Manufacturing Leader of the Year. Immelt was recognized for his tireless advocacy of the manufacturing industry, his determination to return to GE to it's manufacturing roots and positioning of GE as a manufacturing innovation and technology leader.
"It's really a great award, and I received it on behalf of all of our great teams at GE," said Immelt in a recorded message presented at the ML Awards Gala. "I've been with the company for decades, and I've been CEO for more than a decade, and I can't remember a time when manufacturing has been more at the core of everything we do." Immelt added, "It really is a great era for manufacturing professionals and where industry is heading. So, thank you again for this award."
Dow Chemical was selected as Manufacturer of the Year, Large Enterprise, for its focus on developing the next-generation of manufacturing leaders while also driving step-change improvements in operational performance. Also recognized was Proto Labs, Inc. as the Manufacturer of the Year, Small Enterprise, for creating a bridge between the maker community and the industrial world and accelerating innovation through its Cool Idea! Program.
James E. Harbour, an automotive industry visionary, of Harbour and Associates, received the Lifetime Achievement Award for his forward-looking efforts in the 1980s and 1990s to open the eyes of complacent U.S. car makers to the urgent competitive challenges they faced. Harbours foresight lead them to survive. This award was presented by John Fleming, Executive Vice President, Global Manufacturing and Labor Affairs, Ford Motor Company, and a member of the Manufacturing Leadership Council's Board of Governors. Members of his family accepted the award on behalf of Harbour, who died in September 2014.
10 winners of ML High Achiever Awards were also announced. The High Achiever Awards are presented to a select group of ML Award-winning projects. High Achievers are those ML Awards winners that received the most votes from the judges in each of the 10 ML Award project categories. Winners of the High Achiever Awards were:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company in the Big Data & Advanced Analytics Category for its Real World Data Commons Project
- Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in the Customer Value Leadership Category for its New Dealer Daily System Project
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company in the Engineering and Production Technology Leadership Category Optical Projection Of Fastener Installation Data Project
- CommScope, Inc. in the Enterprise Technology Leadership Category for its PM Mobile Project
- General Electric Global Research in the Innovation Process Category for its Digital Manufacturing Commons Project
- Merck & Co., Inc. in the New Product Leadership Category for its Rapid Commercialization and FDA Approval of KEYTRUDA® Initiative
- Meritage Global Services, Inc. in the Next-Generation Leadership Category for its Pump Up the Volume Project
- MBX Systems in the Operational Excellence Category for its Super Cell Initiative
- C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. in the Supply Chain Leadership Category for its Lights-Out Automated Distribution Center Project
- The Campbell Soup Company in the Sustainability Leadership Category for its Napoleon Sustainability Program
“The ML Awards’ top winners in 2015 set themselves apart through their willingness to innovate, take risks and push the limits of what is possible in the manufacturing industry,” said Global Vice President & Editorial Director, Manufacturing Leadership Community David R. Brousell. “They are leading the industry into a brighter future, and I congratulate them.”
Winners of the ML Technology Partner Awards were also recognized at the award ceremony. These technology providers played key roles in enabling ML Award winners to achieve outstanding performance. Winners of the Technology Partner Award were:
- E2open, Inc.
- Epicor Software
- Infosys Ltd
- Insite Software
- Integration Objects
- IQMS, Inc
- Louisiana Economic Development
- Paper-Less LLC
- Synchrono, Inc
Nominations for the 2016 Manufacturing Leadership Summit will open in August 2015.
The Manufacturing Leadership Community, part of Frost & Sullivan, offers an integrated portfolio of leadership networking, information and professional development products, programs, and services for industrial executives worldwide. MLC’s mission is to help senior executives define and shape a better future for themselves, their organizations and the industry at large. MLC’s portfolio consists of the Manufacturing Leadership Community website, an online global business network; the Manufacturing Leadership Council, an invitation-only executive organization; the annual Manufacturing Leadership Summit conference; the Manufacturing Leadership Awards program; and the Manufacturing Leadership Journal. For more information, visit us at: http://www.gilcommunity.com.
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our “Growth Partnership” supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation, including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?